Every year on April 22, Earth Day is observed to spread awareness of the value of protecting the environment. As we deal with issues like climate change, pollution, and other environmental problems, taking action to save and maintain the planet is more important than ever.
There are many ways we can take action on Earth Day. The following are some suggestions and helpful tips for things we can do at home:
● Switch off the Electricity – when not in use, turn off lights and electric appliances. This will also help you in saving money by lowering your electric bill.
● A day without Television – Encourage outdoor activities for your family so that everyone can enjoy some fresh air. Go for a walk or arrange some outdoor games while having a family picnic in the park or your own backyard.
● Recycle and Compost -to reduce the amount of waste you generate. This makes it easier to reuse, recycle, and recover waste. You can start a bin, which is a great way to feed soil organisms, plant life, and the soil itself while minimizing waste.
● Reduce Waste – This can be achieved by using reusable products like reusable coffee cups or water bottles instead of disposable ones and cloth shopping bags.
● Planting – Start with your favorite fresh herbs or container plants, such as tomatoes, in a vegetable garden or in a pot indoors.
● Use Eco-Friendly Cleaning Supplies – make your own from eco-friendly ingredients in your own pantry or shop for earth-friendly supplies.
● Reduce your carbon output by walking, bicycling, or taking public transportation instead of driving Earth Day serves as a reminder that we have a responsibility to preserve the earth for future generations. By taking steps to lessen our impact on the environment, we can influence the future and make a difference.
Together, let’s make Earth Day 2023 a success by taking action!