The next 2-3 weeks will be busy with buyer inspections, questions and contractual deadlines, so let’s walk through what’s coming up in these next few weeks plus answer a few FAQ’s.
What Happens Next:
- Sign any outstanding documents, new disclosures and contract documents
- We will confirm any buyer inspections with you. Buyer inspections (if applicable) may consist of, but are not limited to:
- Home | Pest | Roof | Pool | *these are the most common inspections
- HVAC (Heat/Air) | Electrical | Plumbing | Windows
- Well | Septic | Survey
- Contractors | Flooring | Painters
- Structural | Mold | Chimney
- We will confirm the appraisal inspection time and date with you (If applicable). Your home should be in show ready condition for the appraiser.
- Buyers typically submit a ‘Request for Repair’ a day or two prior to their contingency removal for inspections.
- During buyer inspections, please plan to be out of the home for the duration of the inspections and plan accordingly as the inspections will take several hours, 2-4hrs on average.
- Check your calendar timeline for important contract updates
- Schedule and confirm date with movers
- Please see ‘Important Numbers’ below to assist you with removing utilities from your name on the day your home is sold. (Or the last day of your rent back if applicable.)
Q: When can I start packing?
A: The short answer is after the appraisal. However, you can begin to pack up closets and small things that don’t take away from the staging or the presentation of your home prior to the appraisal. The serious packing really starts after the buyer has removed all contingencies. We always recommend booking your movers ASAP to get them on the calendar once we’re under contract!
Q: Why does the buyer need to do a walk through before close & what are they looking for?
A: Buyers have a contractual right to perform a final walk through 5 days prior to close of escrow. The buyer is there to verify the condition of the home is the same as when they wrote the offer (minus typical signs of moving etc.). They are also confirming and inspecting any repairs that may have been agreed upon have been completed.
Q: When do I get the proceeds from the sale?
A: You can expect your proceeds within 1 business day after the close of escrow. Your funds will either be wired to your account or a check will be ready for pick up at the title company if you have selected disbursement by check. If your home closes on a Friday or the day before a holiday please know that your funds will be delivered the next viable business day.